Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Stranger

I've got a secret. For a long time now, I have noticed that whenever I concentrate on someone or even just notice them - maybe I see them on the bus or at the office or while I wait in line to buy a bus ticket, may it be a woman, child or man - when I concentrate on that person for just a few minutes every time I see them, it's almost a given that circumstances will cause us to talk to each other at one time or another.

Of course I don't do it deliberately and of course I don't think I'm the only person that has noticed this. My conclusion? Certain people are just meant to be in our lives. We are meant to cross each others paths. It's written in the stars or it's our destiny or fate - whatever you want to call it.

Also - I would like to think that it's our energies that attract us to these people. When I notice someone, it's usually because that person did something kind. Because that person has a sad look on her face or because that person looks so darn familiar. And whenever I see the person again, the same emotion I felt when I saw them the first time bubbles up inside of me.

I am intrigued by the sad person's story or by the kind person's gesture or by the familiarity of a person I've never met. And then before long I bump into them at the grocery store and they start talking to me as if they know me because they have noticed me too!

Everything happens for a reason and people come and go out of our lives but I think they leave behind something that changes us, in a small way or in a big way, forever. It doesn't matter how small the mark is that, that person leaves behind. It just might cause another small thing to happen and THAT will cause another small thing to happen and another and another until a really big thing happens and boom your life is changed FOREVER!

People say don't sweat the small stuff but I love the small things because it has the potential to cause something BIG somewhere down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment