Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The light has returned...

The light has returned and it’s bursting out of my drained body like the sun bursting through a forest filled with dark trees, letting the light bleed through it. I feel happy and care-free and at peace. I want this feeling of giddy joy to last forever but on earth, impossible feelings like these don’t last... Happiness is not a constant state.
But a smile lingers at the corners of my mouth, my heart, thirsty for love – yet an abundance of happiness, joy, pleasure, delight and glee escape my lips. I only see puffy clouds and vibrant flowers… Many tiny butterflies are tickling my insides with the light, playful flutter of their wings. I giggle inside and my eyes are aglow. This feeling is extra special because I made it myself – I didn’t rely on anything or... anyone else to wake it up inside of me. It came out of me – out of my mind. I believed it into existence. I focussed on it being real. And no one can take it away from me. I used to look for happiness outside of myself. But realise that it can only be found inside. Everything else is an additional benefit. With this wondrous, glorious feeling comes a wave of self-confidence. I bask in it and nourish it. It might not last long but at least I know this kind of happiness is built on something solid, something inside of me and not another person. I can only be honest with myself and believe in myself to make my dreams come true. For I am the only person I can trust…

No comments:

Post a Comment